The School of Education, Sharda University is proposing a workshop on Special Education.
Special education is a growing universal concern that informs and challenges the processes of educational reform in both developing and developed regions. Special education is also an evolving concept useful to guide strategies of educational change addressing the sources and consequences of exclusion within the holistic framework of the EFA goals and the understanding of education as a human right.
Over approximately the last fifteen years, the concept of special education has evolved towards the idea that all children and young people, despite different disabilities. The focus is on generating inclusive settings, which should involve: (a) respecting, understanding and taking care of persons with special needs (b) providing equal access to quality education; (c) close co-ordination with other social policies.
Thus the aim of this workshop is to sensitize teachers and students towards the needs and challenges of differently abled children. The workshop also targets to equip teachers in identification of children with special needs and orient them about assistive devices and policies to help them.
3 days workshop on special education brochure
Objective of Event:
• To familiarize the participants with the needs and challenges of the differently abled children.
• To reflect upon different forms of disabilities.
• To identify the children with special needs.
• To explore the policies and programmes for the children with special needs.
- Dr. Arti Koul Kachroo, 9971992154, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Disha, 9711044129, email@example.com
- Dr. Praveen Kumar, Assistant Professor, School of Education, Vasanta College for Women, Banars Hindu University.
- Dr. Saurabh Ray, -Assistant Professor, Faculty of Education. Jamia Millia Islamia.
- Date: 14-July-2022 to 16-July-2022
- Time: 11:00 AM to 1:30 PM
- Venue: Google Meet