March 31, 2023 @ 10:00 am – April 1, 2023 @ 4:30 pm Atlantic/Azores Timezone
402, Seminar Hall, SUSOL, Block-7
Dr. Manvendra Singh
Sharda School of Law, Sharda University in collaboration with Adelaide Law School, University of Adelaide, Australia is organizing its 1st ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE on LAW AND THE CONTEMPORARY TRENDS, on Friday-Saturday, 31st March & 01st April 2023.
Objectives of the Conference:
- To provide a platform for legal professionals and scholars to discuss current trends and developments in the law.
- To provide an opportunity for participants to exchange ideas and share experiences in the areas of legal practice and research.
- To provide a forum for discussing the implications of technological advances and globalization on the law, legal systems, and legal practice.
- To examine the role of law in a changing world, in particular its role in the promotion of contemporary trends of law.
- To provide an opportunity for participants to explore innovative solutions to legal and policy issues related to the contemporary world.
- The Conference will lead to better understanding of issues and challenges pertaining to law and the contemporary trends.
- This Conference will provide an avenue where law professionals, academicians, legal practitioners, research scholars, social activists and students can exchange their knowledge/ideas and experiences and learn about the recent trends and developments in the field of Constitutional Law, Criminal Law, Family Law, Law related to Women, Media Law and Other developments.
Guests of Honour for Inaugural cum Keynote Speaker Session:
- Dr. Kiran Bedi – India’s 1st woman IPS Officer and Former Lieutenant Governor of the Union Territory of Puducherry
- Ms. Laxmi Singh – Commissioner of Police, Gautam Budh Nagar, State of Uttar Pradesh (U.P.) (She is also the first woman to have become the Commissioner of Police in U.P.)
- Dr. Pavan Duggal – Lawyer, Supreme Court of India (He is a renowned cyber law expert in India)
- Prof. Richard Albert – William Stamps Farish Professor in Law/Director of Constitutional Studies, The University of Texas at Austin.
- Prof. Lorne Neudorf – Professor and Deputy Dean of Law, La Trobe Law School, La Trobe University, Melbourne, Australia
- Prof. Paul Babie – Bonython Chair in Law and Professor in Law, Adelaide School of Law, University of Adelaide
Guests of Honour for Valedictory Session:
- Hon’ble Justice Krishan Pahal, Judge, Allahabad High Court
- Dr. Lalit Bhasin, Advocate, Supreme Court of India and President, The Society of Indian Law Firms (SILF)
- Shri Manish Kumar Verma, District Magistrate, Gautam Budh Nagar, Uttar Pradesh
- Hon’ble Shri P. K. Gupta, Chancellor, Sharda University
- Hon’ble Shri Y. K. Gupta, Pro-Chancellor, Sharda University
- Prof. Sibaram Khara, Vice-Chancellor, Sharda University
- Prof. Komal Vig, Dean, Sharda School of Law, Sharda University
- Dr. Vaishali Arora, Associate Professor, Sharda School of Law, Sharda University
- Dr. Manvendra Singh, Assistant Professor, Sharda School of Law, Sharda University
Date: Friday, 31st March 2023
Time: 10:15 AM
Date: Saturday, 01st April 2023
Time: 01:45 PM
MS Team Link for Inaugural and Valedictory: – https://rb.gy/gkgkcv